Saturday, March 3, 2012

The Fourth Prayer

Guiding Spirit, for centuries we have fixed our eyes upon controlling the outcomes of our lives. In your Loving Way, you wanted us to remain blissful and trust in Your Communion alone but we suffer the natural consequences of our inner serpent voices. Since I am separate from the perfect communion with you, I often unknowingly put the responsibility on myself to control the outcomes in my life. I worry. Worse, I slip into a state of tunnel vision that does not allow me to relate with you or the people around me fully. I become velocitated to the race of achievement, or simply keeping-up. I can blame my society or worriers in my life but that does not bring me closer to connecting with the Life your Spirit can offer me through a life of possibility.

As I begin, remind me I am in the middle; when I press toward a resolution or conclusion, remind me to seek a healthy extension. Give me the self-awareness to be mindful of my thoughts and actions without attaching unnecessary evaluative judgments. Give me patience for others in their own circumstances and patience for the process of mending bridges, which is time consuming, rather than trying to turn back time and erase the storms. In the midst of my storms, help me to become light so that I can be thrown from the maelstrom rather than sinking to its vortex. Open my eyes to more lies and help me to forgive them in myself and others so I can transcend them and draw closer to the vision You have for me right now.

I love You; please show your Love to me,

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts?